Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How've you bean?

Today's challenge at 365 Cards - Day 150 is called an "Eye" for an "I" because I want you to substitute one word that sounds like another (like ewe for you), but has a different meaning - and use it in your sentiment. I believe they call this a homophone (I even Googled it!), and I've seen them used on stamps, rub-ons, and stickers, so there are lots to choose from. And when in doubt, computer-generated always works.

Here's my card!!! How've you bean (been)? I tell ya.. I was completely brain dead on this one, and this was the best I could come up with! I do hope the been / bean works for this challenge....

BTW - How've I bean, you ask??? HOT - we broke a record here in good ole' Grants Pass, OR, 108 degrees today!!!! Way, way too hot for me... I'm sure that I am melting even as I type this.... I hope it's cooler where you are today....

Supplies:
Flairdesign pp (I cut the coffee cup out of it)
Spellbinders Nestabilities Long Rectangle
Coffee beans & sentiment stamps... unknown
QuicKutz flourish
Sakura Gelly Roll pen Stardust
DCWV cardstock
Sparkly brown cardstock from Paper Zone
StazOn Timber Brown ink

12 comments:

Carolyn V said...

Ha! Excellent! Love the flourish steam.

Linda said...

Very Cute, Teza!!!!

Anonymous said...

108, OMG you poor thing, that is something you aren't used to, hang in there the temp should go down.

Even in the heat you did a fantastic job on your card, like Carolyn I love the flourish, really great!!!!!!!!

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Great card, and in that heat, should've been iced coffee...lol! you can send some heat my way please. Super take on the challenge...well thought out.

Linby said...

great card good play on the word bean. It is miserable here in UK - rain, rain and rain

Linbyx

~amy~ said...

Love your card...I'm a huge coffee'aholic!

This heat is something else isn't it? oy vey...

Juls said...

ooooh this is a good one! Love the shiney pot! gorgeous card!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This such an awesome take on the 365 card challenge!! What a great coffee card!! Love the flourish. Sorry about the heat!! We had a lot of humidity today and yesterday. It looks like more rain today. All we have is rain in NY! We had 22 inches in June!

Janice said...

Nice, love the scroll for steam you did.

STAMPING SAM said...

Having a coffee habit myself - I really like this card!

Anonymous said...

Love the cut out of the coffee cup, this turned out geat...makes me want some coffee Yumm. Adriane

Tutu Crafts said...

Great play on words, your card looks great!